Selasa, 23 April 2019

Lion Heart



Do you have any personal symbol that can represent of who you really are? Or do you have a particular symbol that can embrace you to have an exact ideology based on the symbol in order you can be a better person than you used to be? About that, I have at least one favorite symbol.


A few years ago, after I broke up with my ex-girlfriend, I started to wear a necklace. Not an expensive necklace or a fancy one, though. It is just a lion pendant with a cross beneath it. I just thought I'd take a moment and explain exactly what this is, and what it stands for.




The necklace itself is called the Sleeping Lionheart which is engraved behind the symbol. Oh ya, it's a symbol from a popular RPG, but the question is what does it mean? What's the reasoning behind it? And why do I choose it to be my own symbol and even on this blog as well?


Griever.


First, I choose this symbol because it represents my grief about losing my ex-girlfriend whose zodiac is Leo (and she acted like a gentle lioness to me during our relationship). Second, the symbol itself is combination between a lion (which is my favorite animal), and a sword (which is my favorite weapon). Third, the symbol is also being known as Griever, and it symbolizes the source of every ounce of pain, hate, and sorrow that fills up a person's heart. Pretty dark right? Now the meaning of the word Lionheart, or to be called lion-hearted person, is a hope to someone that if he wears it, he will be courageous and full of compassion and empathy, that he will be able to deal with danger and stand up to their own fears. And in this case, the one who wears it is me.


So the idea is that while you cannot truly remove these negative feelings and emotions inside your heart, if you have the courage to fight on, have a compassion to share to others, and have the determination within yourself to keep faith, then you will succeed. You will succeed and each of those negative feelings will take the shape of this simple symbol. The symbol will remind you not only to keep fighting and how courageous you actually are, but also as a reminder of how well you're doing and to never give up.


Last but not least, this symbol succeed to help me know and understand of who I really am after all this time, and I'm very fond of it. It's like a part of me now.